And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20)
Singles Journey is for men and women who are separated, divorced, widowed or never married and desire to lead a committed Christian life.
- meets each Sunday 11:45 am to 1:00 pm room 10 in the Spiritual Center
SINGLES JOURNEY is a support and discussion group for adults over 40 who are widowed, divorced or never married. This group was formed many years ago and we meet at St. Mary's Church in Colts Neck. every Sunday mornings at 11:45 am in the Parish Hall Building, Room 10. We have facilitators that alternate every week to discuss different topics and challenges. We do not accept fees of any kind. The venue and time never changes. We are there to be there, for each other. All are welcomed.
Typical tasks and responsibilities (for facilitator):
- Facilitation of weekly meetings
- Research of topics to be covered; greater time and preparation goes into the Divorce and Beyond Program (which comes with a Facilitator’s Guide).
- Take referrals from Parish office, diocesan web site; refer to appropriate diocesan consolation ministry if needed.
- Careful listening to encourage attendance at group meetings
- Various other responsibilities relate to the well being of the group and getting help if needed from Consolation Ministry and /or the clergy.
Required training or skills: Facilitator training is required and provided by the Trenton Diocese Family Life Bureau. Yearly intensive leadership training is available through the North American Conference for Separated and Divorced Catholics. They also assist dioceses in local training.
Approximate time commitment: Sunday 11:45am to 1:00 pm meeting; meeting preparation; facilitator training.
Location: Spiritual Center