Grades 1 & 2: Two year First Penance & Reconciliation and First Eucharist preparation.
This two-year Sacramental Preparation program is for baptized children and their families that begins in the First Grade. Grade 1 and 2 children may attend either the summer or fall RE programs. There is an expectation the Grade 1 & 2 will participate in the Liturgy of the Word Dismissal during Mass. Additionally, second graders and their parents participate in Intergenerational (parent/ child) Sunday sessions after 12 noon Mass and some weeknight adult meetings.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents of all incoming 1st graders must supply the RE Office with a copy of their child’s Baptismal and Birth Certificate.
- Summer Intensive Religious Education
- Fall RE Classes: Classes begin in September and usually meet at the Parish in a classroom setting on Tuesdays either 4:30-5:40 pm or 5:50-7:00pm for three weeks during each month through April.
First Eucharist dates usually occur during certain weekend Masses during Eastertime.
Regarding First Holy Communion attire, it is as follows:
- Boys: Suits or sports jacket & dress slacks, shirt, tie, and dress shoes.
- Girls: Party dress: white or pastel, anklets or tights/stockings and shoes. Veils are optional. Flower crowns are optional.
- NO wrist corsages, nosegays, bouquets of flowers, gloves, prayer books or rosary beads in church.