Calling all Sewers of any experience level to join us…
Why not be part of the Saint Mary Parish Sewing Circle (Quilting and Sewing Ministry)?
Members make with love baby quilts, pillow for surgery patients, lap blankets for elderly and handicapped, hats, dog beds, tote bags, chemotherapy turbans/caps and other charity projects to benefit patients at CentraState hospital, individuals upon their request and organizations in need in the community at large. The Sewing circle also works on liturgical projects when needed.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW:
Most projects are simple sew. Ability to use a sewing machine is a plus (experience with quilting is not necessary) No sewing experience, no worries, we will teach you!
WHEN and WHERE:
Come when you are available. Work at home in your spare time on projectst then bring to a meeting. The ministry meets at Saint Mary Parish in Meeting Room #11 twice a month (excluding weeks with holidays). Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month from 1 to 3pm.
Links of Interest
- More info on sewing guild http://www.kids-sewing-projects.com/charity-sewing-projects.html
- On a roll | Restaurant, Bags and Diaper bags https://www.pinterest.com/pin/345229127656187812/
- Make and donate hats to people going through chemotherapy. Free pattern using ol… | Pinteres… https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173810866840962886/
- Sewing Charity List http://cyberseams.com/article/105724/tips/sewing_charity_list.html
- Free Sewing Patterns for Charity http://www.nancysnotions.com/category/ideas+and+advice/free+patterns+for+charity.do
The Quilting and Sewing Ministry makes baby quilts, pillows, lap robes, hats, chemotherapy turbans and other items that benefit patients at CentraState hospital and others in the community at large. Requests for donated items can be made to listed email address.
Typical tasks and responsibilities:
- small quilted blankets which are given to families in need of newborn babies and children that are admitted to Centra State Hospital
- pillows for post-surgical patients, to protect their incision upon coughing or sneezing or using a seat belt; pillows are also donated to area nursing homes and assisted living locations
- turbans for people who have lost their hair from having chemotherapy
- baptismal bibs/cloths which are presented to families and babies who are baptized at St. Mary's Parish
- small quilted lap robes used by those in a wheel chairs
- Quilted and sewn gifts for those in need within the community at large
- winter hats for area homeless and/or those in shelters
All hand made items are blessed then given to area hospitals, organizations, and or individuals upon request.
Required training or skills:
Ability to use a sewing machine; experience with quilting is not necessary. We will teach you.
Approximate time commitment:
Meetings on 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 1 to 3pm
Paul's Place in the Spiritual Center