The Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. Whether administered to infants or adults, Baptism is the Church's way of celebrating and enacting the embrace of God.
Baptisms are performed:
- During Noon Mass, on the second Sunday of the month
- Immediately following the Noon Mass all other Sundays except during Advent and Lent.
Contact the Parish Office to check availability and register for a Baptism Date.
Baptism Ministry FAQs:
What are the typical tasks and responsibilities of this Ministry:
- Assist Priest/Deacon (Presider) prior to and during Baptism ceremony.
- Greet parents, godparents, guests and seat them..
- Set out white garments, candles, oil, cloths to wipe away oil, water
- Read first letter of Paul to the Corinthians and Petitions
- Assist Presider in directing participants during Baptism ceremony.
- Give oil to Presider, distribute white garments, light candles from
- Paschal candle and distribute.
- Notify parish office when garments, candles are running low.
Training: Minimal - 20 minutes of instruction with manual.
Time Commitment: Varies depending on number of babies; no more than twice per month.